Sunday, March 3, 2013

Waste of a Weekend

This weekend has been a complete waste. I have accomplished nothing, and when I say nothing I mean just the bare necessities were accomplished.

Crazy 3 is fighting something, fevers of over 102 F, cranky, waking up in the middle of the night and will only sleep on me. I feel like a zombie, I feel like I am just running on fumes, I feel like I might go insane if sleep does not happen soon.

The worst part of the whole thing is that Crazy 1 and Crazy 2 are also in rare form. They are not suffering from any illness, just completely crazy! The not listening and talking back are at all time highs, especially today.

We were supposed to go out to the Science Centre today, I figured if we at least did something with the kids, my guilt about not getting things done around the house would be lessened. Well, let me tell you, nothing was working to get the two of them to behave this morning, so low and behold we stayed home. This unfortunately leads to cabin fever and the behaviour ends up worse. It is a never ending cycle that I have no idea how to break.

It got so bad with Crazy 1 that while I was telling her to stop doing something, she continued to do it, while apologizing for doing it and telling me she would be a better listener. She never did stop on her own, it took me giving her a time out to stop.

Crazy 2 was the good one today, and that is saying a lot considering lately I have been referring to him as the 2 year old Tornado. He just stops listening because Crazy 1 doesn't listen so why should he.

I hope this doesn't continue every weekend or else I might get a little crazy myself. The weekends are when I look forward to outings as a family, but the stress of not knowing if the kids are going to listen just isn't worth it when I am already on edge from lack of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment